About Me

My Photo
Shannon
I'm a slightly mad pagan trucker with an unhealthy obsession with yarn.
View my complete profile
Friday, July 29, 2011

Well Just Fucking Quit Already

Earlier today I was listening to a driver bitch about how he would much rather be doing anything other than driving a truck for a living. To this I say, "Well fucking quit".

Every day I hear more and more drivers say that they don't like driving a truck. Then why the fuck are you out here? If you're out here not liking what you are doing, then quit and do something you enjoy. Because when you're out here in control of 80,000 lbs rolling down the highway at 60+ MPH, not liking what you do, you become a hazard. You start not caring about the little things, like the the way you present yourself to customers and cashiers. Then you start not caring about the bigger things like you're driving habits.

But you're thinking, well everyone has bad days and occasionally pulls a bonehead move. I agree and I'm no different. But I see WAY too many drivers not caring every day for everyone to be having a bad day. Let's face it, there are a lot of people that have no business behind the wheel of a truck. Some people just weren't meant to be truckers. It's not a job, it's a lifestyle and some people just can't cut the muster.

So if you're one of these people that aren't enjoying what you are doing or you just don't care about how you are perceived than do the rest of us a favor and JUST FUCKING QUIT ALREADY.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 comments: